There are currently three types of parking zones for residents in Brno - A, B and C. All three are marked with a blue line on the road and a corresponding sign with additional information. If you do not have parking permission for your own car, you need to pay for parking. Either by phone or in a payment machine. Autonapůl carsharers can park with all Brno cars in resident zones without any worries and completely free of charge.
Benefits for carsharing users for parking in Brno
Autonapůl carsharers can park all Autonapůl cars from Brno in all zones with a blue line on the road. They can even leave the car there after finishing their reservation - this holds to cars assigned to the central Brno - A zone and zones Brno - Centrum and Veveří.
Above all: nothing prevents them from driving to the historical city center. The center is marked by traffic signs prohibiting access saying "Vehicles with permission of OD MMB excluded.! All Autonapůl vehicles hold this permission. They don't need to be afraid of the signs.
Designated parking areas of shared cars Autonapůl
Warning: don't park on some special spots - they are prohibited to everyone. These special spots include:
- spots reserved for a specific vehicle (with a licence plate number next to the parking spot)
- spots with time-limited reservation for a specific entity (e.g. office, small business, hotel) - you can't park there even outside of operating hours
- paid spots (for Autonapůl users: you can park there on your own costs during your reservation but please don't leave the cars there after you finish the reservation)
- spots behind the gates (for Autonapůl users: you can park there on your own costs during your reservation but please don't leave the cars there after you finish the reservation)
- spots for a limited time with a parking clock (for Autonapůl users: you can park there on your own costs during your reservation but please don't leave the cars there after you finish the reservation)
For parking we recommend to try the streets: Za divadlem, Rooseveltova, Novobranská, Měnínská, Orlí, Jezuitská, Dvořákova, Mozartova, Beethovenova, Moravské náměstí, Opletalova, Besední, Bašty, Benešova - both sides including spots at the bus station (Warning: some spots are reserved for the Grand Hotel). Alternatively, the right side of Koliště Street, where the place can be found almost always, has also proved its worth. You can also park cars from the Centrum zone here.
There are many spots available for Autonapůl users. You don't need to be worry about allowed or prohibited places. Just enjoy Brno in its completeness. 🙂